Morgan A Butrovich, PharmDGraduate Student
Program: PhD Track: Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences Advisor: Thomas D. Nolin, PharmD, PhD, FCCP, FCP, FASN
Morgan A Butrovich is a PhD candidate in the Clinical Pharmaceutical Scientist Program in Dr. Tom Nolin's lab. Her research interests include assessment of kidney function and physiologically-based pharmacokinetic modeling of renal and nonrenal drug clearance in the setting of decreased kidney function, particularly in cancer patients.
Morgan received a BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Pitt Pharmacy in 2017, a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) with an Area of Concentration in Research from Pitt Pharmacy in 2019, and a Certificate in Clinical and Translational Sciences for Doctoral Students in the Health Sciences from the Pitt Institute for Clinical Research Education in 2021. She is a registered pharmacist in Pennsylvania.
1. Butrovich MA, Tang W, Boulton DW, Nolin TD, Sharma P. Use of Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Modeling to Evaluate the Impact of Chronic Kidney Disease on CYP3A4-Mediated Metabolism of Saxagliptin. J Clin Pharmacol. 2022. Online ahead of print. PMID: 35247279
2. Casal MA, Ivy SP, Beumer JH, Nolin TD. Effect of removing race from glomerular filtration rate-estimating equations on anticancer drug dosing and eligibility: a retrospective analysis of National Cancer Institute phase 1 clinical trial participants. Lancet Oncol. 2021;22(9):1333-1340. PMID: 34399096
3. Casal MA, Nolin TD, Beumer JH. Estimation of Kidney Function in Oncology: Implications for Anticancer Drug Selection and Dosing. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2019;14(4):587-595. PMID: 30890575.
4. Cherian MT, Chai SC, Wright WC, Singh A, Casal MA, Zheng J, Wu J, Lee RE, Griffin PR, Chen T. CINPA1 binds directly to constitutive androstane receptor and inhibits its activity. Biochem Pharmacol. 2018 Jun;152:211-223. PMID: 29608908.
5. Böhm S, Mihalevic MJ, Casal MA, Bernstein KA. Disruption of SUMO-targeted ubiquitin ligases Slx5-Slx8/RNF4 alters RecQ-like helicase Sgs1/BLM localization in yeast and human cells. DNA Repair (Amst). 2015 Feb;26:1-14. PMID: 25588990.
1. Casal MA. "Veverimer: A Promising Investigational Agent for Long-Term Treatment of Metabolic Acidosis in Chronic Kidney Disease." Pharmacotherapy Updates, 9 October 2019. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 2019. AccessPharmacy. http://accesspharmacy.mhmedical.com
2. Flanigan JA, Casal MA. "Beneficial Cardiorenal Effects of SGLT2 Inhibitors." Pharmacotherapy Updates, 13 May 2019. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 2019. AccessPharmacy. http://accesspharmacy.mhmedical.com
3. Casal MA, Nolin TD. "Nephrotoxic Potential of Novel Anticancer Immunotherapies." Pharmacotherapy Updates, 13 August 2018. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 2018. AccessPharmacy. http://accesspharmacy.mhmedical.com
4. Casal MA, Nolin TD. "Impact of Electronic Alerts on Detection and Course of Acute Kidney Injury." Pharmacotherapy Updates, 21 May 2018. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 2018. AccessPharmacy. http://accesspharmacy.mhmedical.com
5. Casal MA, Nolin TD. "Anticoagulation in Older Patients with Atrial Fibrillation and Chronic Kidney Disease." Pharmacotherapy Updates, 21 May 2018. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 2018. AccessPharmacy. http://accesspharmacy.mhmedical.com
6. Casal MA, Nolin TD. “N-acetylcysteine and Sodium Bicarbonate for Prevention of Contrast Media-Induced Nephrotoxicity.” Pharmacotherapy Updates, 27 December 2017. Access Pharmacy. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 2017. AccessPharmacy. http://accesspharmacy.mhmedical.com
1. Casal MA, Prebehalla L, West RE, Shah N, Chonchol M, Joy MS, Nolin TD. Effect of kidney disease and vitamin D repletion on drug transporter activity. Presented virtually at ASN Kidney Week 2020, the American Society of Nephrology Annual Meeting, originally scheduled for Denver, CO, October 2020.
2. Casal MA, Cherian MT, Chai S, Chen T. Identification of amino acid residues necessary for modulation of CAR-mediated transcription of ADME genes by CINPA1. Presented at the 2016 Annual Meeting of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy, Hollywood, FL, October 2016.