About the School of Pharmacy
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy is committed to excellence in pharmacy education, research, and service. We strive to provide an environment that fosters learning, achievement, and mutual respect among faculty, staff, and students, and one that encourages interdisciplinary interaction.
Our mission is to:
- Provide quality education that establishes a foundation of knowledge, professional competency, and integrity, and that promotes conscientious problem solving, life-long learning, creativity, and the pursuit of excellence in the delivery of pharmaceutical care.
- Promote and support excellence in research that focuses on discovery and the pre-clinical and clinical development of pharmaceuticals, as well as the therapeutic management and prevention of human disease.
- Offer an excellent graduate program in pharmaceutical sciences that responds to the needs of Pennsylvania and the nation.
- Contribute to the mission of the School of Pharmacy including the provision of optimal patient care as well as to the public and professional missions of the University of Pittsburgh.
- Serve society through the contributions and the diverse talents and expertise of the faculty and staff.
Directory of the Department
Directory of the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences faculty