Office: 3501 Terrace St Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Hung-Chun Tung, MSGraduate Student
Program: PhD Track: Pharmacology Advisor: Wen Xie, MD, PhD
Hung-Chun Tung is currently a PhD candidate in University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy. She got her bachelor degree at Chang Gung University, and master degree at National Yang Ming University in Taiwan. Hung-Chun's current research in University of Pittsburgh is focused on the roles of drug metabolizing enzymes in liver fibrosis.
1. Gao L, Li B, Wang J, Shen D, Yang M, Sun R, Tung HC, Xu M, Ren S, Zhang M, Yang D, Lu B, Wang H, Liu Y, Xie W. Activation of Liver X Receptor α Sensitizes Mice to T-cell Mediated Hepatitis. Hepatol Commun (2020).
2. Barbosa ACS, Zhou D, Xie Y, Choi YJ, Tung HC, Chen X, Xu M, Gibbs RB, Poloyac SM, Liu S, Yu Y, Luo J, Liu Y, Xie W. Inhibition of Estrogen Sulfotransferase (SULT1E1/EST) Ameliorates Ischemic Acute Kidney Injury in Mice. J Am Soc Nephrol (2020) PMID: 32424001.
3. Yan J*, Tung HC*, Li S, Niu Y, Garbacz WG, Lu P, Bi Y, Li Y, He J, Xu M, Ren S, Monga SP, Schwabe RF, Yang D, Xie W. Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Signaling Prevents Activation of Hepatic Stellate Cells and Liver Fibrogenesis in Mice. Gastroenterology 157:793-806 (2019) PMID: 31170413.
4. An Y, Wang P, Xu P, Tung HC, Xie Y, Kirisci L, Xu M, Ren S, Tian X, Ma X, Xie W. An unexpected role of cholesterol sulfotransferase and its regulation in sensitizing mice to acetaminophen induced liver injury. Mol Pharmacol 95: 597-605 (2019) PMID: 30944208.
5. Tung HC*, Hsu SJ*, Tsai MH, Lin TY, Hsin IF, Huo TI, Lee FY, Huang HC, Ho HL, Lin HC, Lee SD. Homocysteine deteriorates intrahepatic derangement and portal-systemic collaterals in cirrhotic rats. Clin Sci (Lond) 131:69-86 (2017) PMID: 27803296.
6. Tung HC*, Lee FY*, Wang SS, Tsai MH, Lee JY, Huo TI, Huang HC, Chuang CL, Lin HC, Lee SD. The Beneficial Effects of P2X7 Antagonism in Rats with Bile Duct Ligation-induced Cirrhosis. PLoS One 10:e0124654 (2015) PMID: 25933224.
7. Chang CC, Yang MH, Tung HC, Chang CY, Tsai YL, Huang JP, Yen TH, Hung LM. Resveratrol exhibits differential protective effects on fast-and slow-twitch muscles in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Diabetes 6:60-7 (2014) PMID: 23786522.
Pharmaceutical Sciences Graduate Program Travel Award, University of Pittsburgh (2019)
Graduate and Professional Student Government Travel Grant, University of Pittsburgh (2019)